Personal data protection
Within the company GEORGIANA MERLOI MAKEUP ARTIST S.R.L. we respect the confidentiality of your data and we want you to be informed about the types of data we collect, the way we use them, to whom we disclose it, the way these data are stored and secured, and also about your rights regarding the way we use these data.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT (PROVIDED BY YOU)
You may provide us with personal information in many different ways, like when you register at the Seminar of Self-Makeup, when you take part in an offer or promotion, or through social media websites.
The types of personal data you may provide to us include:
• Contact details (such as name, postal address, e-mail address, mobile phone number or another phone number)
• Age and date of birth;
• Identification card data
• Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date and security code)
• Type/characteristics of your complexion
• Your physical characteristics and your skincare concerns
• Information or content you provide to us (such as photographs, reviews, questions, answers to questionnaires and comments)
• Information provided to us through social media networks when visiting our social media websites
1.1. We may use the information you provide:
To send you promotional materials or other communications if you opt for this
• To provide the products or services that you have asked for and to make available functionalities on our website.
• To process the transactions made with the payment card and/or with the gift card
• To create your profile using the data you have provided us, in order to be able to adapt our advertisements according to what you are interested in, in order to be able to find the complexion or hair care method that suits you and to manage the efficiency of our marketing endeavors.
• To assist you in choosing the products
• To discuss with you or to answer to your questions.
• To post the reviews you made for our products
• To adapt the advertisements which appear on our website or somewhere else to your interests and to your history with us.
• To communicate with you about and to manage your participation to special events, competitions, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, questionnaires and other offers.
• To operate and to communicate with you about our social network pages or applications for the mobile phone
• To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; consolidation and improvement of our services, managing our communications, analyzing our products, analyzing data and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
• To comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We may also use the information in other ways, which we will notify you about at the moment of collection.
The collected information is necessary for the above mentioned purposes. Without this information you will not be able to take advantage of some of our products and services.
1.2. The legal basis for the use of information:
We will use the provided information for the above mentioned purposes if:
• it is necessary to make a contract in which you are one of the parties (for instance for the participation at the Self-Makeup Seminar);
• we obtained your consent
• we have a legitimate reason to do this (including a legitimate reason to perform marketing, research activities, data analysis and functions of internal administration, processing and application of legal processes and the performance of our activities, according to the applicable legal requirements, to the relevant industry standards and our policies).
2. INFORMATIONS THAT WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
When you visit the website, you see or access our advertisements online (including our advertisements on websites of third parties), visit our social media websites or download and use one of our applications for mobile phone (if applicable), we also collect certain information about the use or your device by automatic means or by using technologies such as cookies, logins to web servers and web beacons.
For instance if you use one of our applications for the mobile phone, we can collect your IP address, the unique identifier of your device (or another identifier of the device) and/or information concerning the geo-location, in order to offer you certain options and functionalities in the respective mobile phone application.
As described in detail below, we can also collect information about your use method and your search habits by using different technologies based on the web.
In order to make it easier for you, our applications for the mobile phone (if necessary) may also include functionalities which allow you to stay registered in the application so that it will not be necessary to enter a password every time you want to access the application.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY LOGGED IN, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT ANYONE WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR MOBILE ACCOUNT AND MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
For that reason, if you choose to remain logged into the application on your mobile device, we strongly recommend you enable the Passcode Lock security feature on your mobile device to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your mobile device and your account in the application.
3. TARGETED ADVERTISING
We may also use platforms of third parties, including platforms operated by social networks like
Google, Facebook and Pinterest, in order to show you advertisements according to your interests.
We can convert your email address, phone number or other information to a unique value which can be correlated by those third parties with a user of their platform or with other information they may have collected from you. This correlation allows the advertisements, according to the interests, to be transmitted on these platforms.
In order not to receive these advertisements anymore, you have to change the preferences by clicking the cookie control tool below and deselect the setting „targeting”.
These platforms may have their own policies and confidentiality notices, that we strongly suggest you read.
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not rent lists, and we do not sell or disclose personal information we collect about you, except for the cases described here.
We may share your personal information with:
• Services providers who perform services for us according to our instructions. We do not authorize these services providers to use or disclose information except as necessary for providing the services for us or to comply with legal requirements. Examples of such services providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfil orders and provide web hosting and marketing services.
• Other third parties, with your consent. Additionally, we and our subsidiaries and other service providers may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) by legal authorities or other governmental officials, or (iii) when we consider that the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent the physical injury or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Also, we reserve the right to transfer the personal information we have about you, in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets.
Following such a sell or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information, for any question regarding the processing of that information.
5. TEXT MESSAGING
When you register for the Self-Makeup Seminar, you can submit your mobile phone number in order to receive text messages, which contain information about course sessions, services and events, advice about cosmetics or promotions (text messages).
We will not charge you for receiving the text messages from us, nevertheless, the mobile phone provider could charge you for sending and/or receiving text messages and for transmission time, and also for any other applicable standard rates which are used by your mobile phone provider.
If you choose to receive them and afterwards you decide you do not want to receive these text messages, then read the below section „YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES”.
The text messages are distributed by third party providers of mobile networks and therefore, we cannot control certain factors which are connected to the messages delivery or to guarantee the availability or performance of that service, including the responsibility for the delay of transmission or failed delivery of messages.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We offer you the possibility to make certain choices about the personal information that we collect from you. In order to update your preferences, please ask to delete your information from the correspondence lists or send us a request, by contacting us as specified below.
You can at any time ask us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails by contacting one of our agents in the live chat box or by sending an e-mail to the address: GDPR@GEORGIANAMERLOI.COM.
Text Message Opt-Out
You can also choose not to receive text messages anymore by contacting one of our agents in the live chat box or by sending an e-mail to the address
7. DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to our affiliates and third party service providers from countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected (including The United States), where necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this
We have also implemented adequate protection measures to ensure such a level of data protection when your personal data is transferred, including the conclusion of certain agreements regarding data transfers that incorporate the Standard contractual clauses of the European Commission, or the fact that our service providers from the USA are certified according to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, established by the United States Department of Commerce and European Commission concerning the collection, use and store of the personal data transferred from the European Commercial Area to the United States or other transfer mechanisms that apply to this situation.
You can receive a copy of these transfer mechanisms by contacting us as described below.
8. DATA STORAGE
We store the information you provide us during our relation, plus a reasonable period of time in order to be able to run regular erasure protocols or to take into consideration the limitation period applicable or if required by the applicable law.
If you want to receive marketing communications, we will keep the necessary information to send you these communications after the ending of our contractual relationship or after the collection of these data, if you are a potential customer.
9. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
GDPR@GEORGIANAMERLOI.COM or by using the live chat box.
MAKEUP ARTIST S.R.L
VAT Identification No.: 39731170
No. 52, Rădulescu Drumea Street
Bucharest, Sector 4